WE ARE CHANGING THAT
Phoenix House California Addiction Treatment CenterRehab Center - Drug & Alcohol Outpatient Addiction Help
For over 40 years, Phoenix House California has been dedicated to helping men, women, and young people in our community on their journey to overcome substance abuse, alcohol abuse, and mental health disorders so that they can go on to live rich and fulfilling lives in recovery.
We pride ourselves on offering hope to the members of our community who need it most and a chance at recovery for those who are uninsured or otherwise unable to pay for substance abuse and behavioral health treatment services. Whether you or someone you love is struggling with substance abuse, alcohol abuse, or a mental health disorder, we’re here to help you heal.
Our team of addiction treatment and behavioral health therapists are leaders in the field of substance abuse treatment. We are deeply passionate, not only about helping those challenged by substance use and mental health disorders, but also about affecting change within our community through addiction education and prevention.
1 in 7 Americans will develop a substance use disorder, but only 1 in 10 will get treatment.
Addiction is one of America’s most challenging public health problems and effects everyone. It’s a disease that crosses gender, ethnicity, age, and socio-economic lines. There is no cure for addiction, but it can be effectively treated, and we are committed to helping young people, women, and men overcome substance abuse to live extraordinary lives in recovery.
Learn about how PHCA is working to help vulnerable kids change their stories.
Change the story for…
Addiction isn’t invincible.
We use a range of evidence-based methods, from cognitive behavioral therapy to medication- assisted
We partner with schools and organizations to raise awareness of substance misuse and addiction on
Our programs are California Department of Health Care Services & Drug Medi-Cal certified, and accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities.
We offer a number of services for those seeking help with their alcohol or drug addiction in addition to ongoing care for people who are already in recovery. We also provide school-based mental health, substance abuse, and drug prevention services that seek to alter the future of addiction through education.
- Residential Treatment – For individuals seeking residential substance abuse treatment with round-the-clock care and an intensive therapy program, we offer residential treatment services. In residential treatment, you can enter our treatment facility for an extended period of time, typically 28 days or more, where you will be able to detox and enter a therapy program that builds a foundation for recovery.
- Treatment in a Facility – When a patient checks in to one of our facilities, they can expect to receive 24-hour medical care and emotional support, evidence-based intensive therapeutic programs, and a way to disconnect from their everyday lives while focusing on recovery.
- Outpatient Treatment – Our outpatient substance abuse treatment gives patients who need alcohol or drug addiction services an opportunity to maintain their regular routine while still receiving the treatment they need. Outpatient treatment is also appropriate for patients who have undergone a residential program and want to continue their treatment while living at home or in a sober living facility.
- Aftercare Programs – After a patient has received treatment at one of our facilities, we provide continuing programs to offer them support in their recovery while also allowing a return to their regular lives.
- Continuing Care – Continuing care is for individuals who have completed a residential or outpatient treatment program and want to continue receiving drug or alcohol addiction help outside of a drug or alcohol rehab center. This phase of treatment involves individual and group therapy, telephone counseling, self-help meetings, and ongoing care for mental health disorders.
- Recovery Support – We offer recovery support services to individuals who have completed treatment and want to continue improving their mental and physical health to be able to live happy, fulfilling lives. Recovery support gives people the opportunity to share their experiences and offer support to others who may be struggling with a substance use disorder.
- School-Based Prevention and Mental Health Services – Every year, Phoenix House California reaches nearly 32,000 parents, students, and teachers in an effort to educate our community about addiction and mental health disorders through our school-based prevention and early intervention programs.
The Benefits of Seeking Early Treatment
Many people who struggle with a substance use disorder don’t seek the help of a drug or alcohol treatment program until their lives have spun out of control and their addiction has caused them to lose their job, damage their relationships, or seriously compromise their health.
These traumatic events can all be avoided through early intervention. Seeking early treatment will not only help to prevent potentially irreparable harm to your personal life, but it also offers a more practical and affordable way to address an issue with substance abuse that has a higher rate of success.
When you decide to check in to an alcohol or drug treatment program before the problem has the chance to escalate beyond your control, you give yourself a better chance for a brighter future.
*Statistics are from FY19. 783 in Residential Programs. 675 in Outpatient and Wrap-Around Programs. 31,900 in Prevention Programs. 4,000 in Prison Programs.
How do you end addiction?
You start with prevention.
At Phoenix House California, we recognize that addiction is a brain disease that is as complex as it is deadly…not as the moral failure that it is too often made out to be. We’re passionate about reducing this stigma in order to provide opportunities for treatment for people who would not have them otherwise.
We strongly believe that the number one way to break the cycle of addiction is through prevention. Prevention begins with education. 90% of people who struggle with a substance use disorder began using drugs or alcohol before the age of 18. Addressing drug and alcohol use in adolescents is an urgent matter, and it begins with knowing the facts. By educating young people about the potential lifelong consequences of the misuse of drugs or alcohol, we confront addiction at its source.
We help kids escape addiction and create a ripple effect that can last for generations.
Compassionate Behavioral Healthcare
Founded in 1979, Phoenix House California is a nonprofit, community-based behavioral healthcare organization that provides substance abuse and mental health treatment to youth and adults and offers life-saving services to over 37,000 people every year.
At Phoenix House California, we know that addiction and mental health disorders affect more than just an individual. They affect families, friends, loved ones, and entire communities. That’s why we are dedicated to healing not only those who are suffering from these disorders, but also those who have had to carry the weight of these issues for someone else.
We offer our services without discrimination and seek to help the most underserved members of our community, including mothers, fathers, sisters, brothers, sons, daughters, military veterans, the homeless, and the incarcerated. We understand the relationship between addiction and mental health disorders and how serious they both are. Because of this, we will never turn someone away who is seeking drug or alcohol addiction help because they are unable to pay for services.
Who We Are
We are committed to helping people overcome substance abuse & mental health disorders.
What We Do
We provide addiction, prevention, and mental health services to anyone who needs our help.
How You Help
Join us in the fight against addiction. We are Stronger Together.
Why Choose Us?
Rehab Center – Drug & Alcohol Outpatient Addiction Help
If you’re looking for an alcohol or drug treatment program that not only treats the symptoms of addiction, but also serves the whole person, Phoenix House California may be the answer for you. Our team of addiction treatment and behavioral health therapists seek to address the underlying causes of substance abuse in order to give patients the best chance at a long-term successful recovery.
We take into account the specific needs of every patient in order to provide them with a plan that we believe will be best suited to aid them on their path to recovery. All treatments are based on who the patient is and where they are in their recovery journey, but also backed by scientific evidence.
We offer a full range of services and programs, including assessment and treatment planning, inpatient care, outpatient services, and recovery support. Most importantly, we provide all of our patients with an opportunity to recover in an environment that gives them the privacy and dignity that they deserve.
Need Help Addressing an Issue with Substance Abuse?
If you’re in need of an alcohol or drug treatment program that can help you to address the symptoms of addiction and the underlying causes of the disease, contact Phoenix House California today.